Firebirds Wood Fired Grill on Sharon Road in the SouthPark area reopened with a refreshed interior on Thursday after a July 7 fire.
Grease buildup in the hood system caused the fire, which was ruled accidental, Capt. Jackie Gilmore of the Charlotte Fire Department said at the time.
A Firebirds spokesman said the fire started at about 11:05 a.m. in a hood exhaust duct above the restaurant. Staff safely evacuated, Gilmore said.
Never miss a local story.
The restaurant’s reopening comes just before its ninth anniversary, which will be celebrated all next week beginning on Monday. The celebration will include extended happy hour all day Monday through Thursday and a party on Wednesday with live music, complimentary passed appetizers, goodie bag giveaways and a chance to win dinner for four.
Overseeing the reopening is general manager A.J. Miklos, who began as a guest assistant/busboy at Firebirds more than 10 years ago and has been the service manager at Firebirds in Stonecrest the past two years.