Middle school students rushed to the hospital after claiming they took non-prescribed medicine on Tuesday made the whole story up, police said on Wednesday.
Emergency room staff found that the Whitewater Middle students hadn’t ingested or overdosed on anything, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police spokesman Keith Trietley said.
“This was a false allegation,” Trietley said.
The students’ claims prompted Whitewater Middle to send a Connect5 message to parents that, in part, urged them to caution their children about taking unknown substances.
Never miss a local story.
In a statement, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools said it could not confirm whether any students will be disciplined.