Burke man sentenced to at least 6 years in ax attack on woman
03/11/2014 2:43 PM
03/11/2014 2:50 PM
A Burke County man was sentenced to at least six years in prison after being convicted last week of assaulting a woman with an ax.
William Todd Porter, 32, of Icard, was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injuries.
The assault occurred last Oct. 3 in Connelly Springs, according to the Burke County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies said they responded to a call and found a woman had been assaulted with an ax. The victim was suffering from cuts on her head, face and upper body.
Prosecutors said the assault stemmed from a domestic dispute between Porter and his girlfriend’s sister.
Judge Yvonne Mims Evans sentenced Porter to between six years and eight years, three months in prison. Steve Lyttle
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.