Candlelight vigil Friday for man who was shot
03/21/2014 2:09 PM
03/21/2014 2:11 PM
Million Youth March of Charlotte will sponsor a candlelight vigil Friday evening for a man who was shot to death earlier this week.
The vigil is planned for 7:45 p.m. for Isaac Carelock, who friends said was known as “Kojak.” The event will be at the Double Oaks Basketball Court on Statesville Avenue.
Friends describe Carelock as a basketball standout.
Carelock, 34 and a father of four, was shot to death about 4:30 a.m. Monday outside a residence on Morning Drive, off Clanton Road in southwest Charlotte. Police said Carelock was trying to break into his girlfriend’s residence when a shot was fired.
Investigators say the District Attorney’s Office will decide if charges will be filed in the case.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.