Concord triple shooting survivor charged with insurance fraud
03/26/2014 2:18 PM
03/26/2014 2:34 PM
The man who survived a triple shooting last July in Concord has been charged with insurance fraud, state officials say.
Timothy Crumitie, 48, of Concord, was charged Saturday with two counts of insurance fraud, according to the N.C. Department of Insurance. He was jailed under $75,000 bond.
Department of Insurance investigators allege that Crumitie filed fraudulent physician statement forms, in connection with a disability claim related to last year’s shootings.
Crumitie’s wife, Sharon, and James Blanks were killed at the Crumities’ home. Timothy Crumitie was wounded. Police said that Crumitie told them that Blanks shot both him and his wife. Steve Lyttle
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.