Shooting at Charlotte Cook-Out restaurant investigated
03/30/2014 1:31 PM
02/03/2015 4:03 PM
Four people were shot outside a Cook-Out restaurant in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Police were called to the restaurant on Sunset Road near Beatties Ford Road about 1 a.m. When they arrived, they found four people injured from gunshot wounds, said Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Capt. Todd Lontz. All four people were taken to Carolinas Medical Center with injuries that were described as not life-threatening.
No one had been arrested in connection with the shootings, and police had not named a suspect. Investigators also had not released the names of the victims, and a police report wasn’t available on Sunday.
The shooting was the latest report of violence at a Charlotte-area restaurant that caters to late-night diners.
At least four restaurants within a mile of the Cook-Out on Sunset Road, and dozens across the city, stay open later every night or on weekends to cater to late-night eaters or people leaving bars and clubs.
But later hours can also make such restaurants more likely targets of crime, police have said.
No one returned phone messages at a number listed for Cook-Out headquarters in Greensboro.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.