Stanly teen charged in residential break-ins

05/16/2014 1:30 PM

05/16/2014 1:31 PM

A Stanly County teen has been charged in connection with several residential break-ins in the northern part of the county, according to the sheriff’s office.

Christopher Alexander Carpenter, 17, of New London, was arrested last week after an investigation that began during the winter.

The sheriff’s office said a series of break-ins and larcenies was reported from the New London community between December and April. Deputies said the investigation led them to Carpenter.

He was charged with three counts of breaking and entering and three counts of larceny after breaking and entering. Carpenter was jailed under $10,000 bond. His first court appearance is scheduled for May 19.

Editor's Choice Videos

Join the Discussion

Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service