Concord man charged with hit-run in fatal crash
05/21/2014 10:15 AM
05/22/2014 9:41 AM
Concord police have charged a man in connection with a two-car collision earlier this month that left another man dead.
Police said Terrence Michael Ryan, 42, of Concord, was charged with felony hit and run and misdemeanor death by vehicle. Silvio Joseph Cadolino, 61, died from injuries suffered in the crash.
The crash took place about 4:15 p.m. May 4.
Investigators said Cadolino was driving a Chevrolet Corvette southbound on Concord Parkway when his car was hit by a vehicle turning from northbound Concord Parkway to Carpenter Court.
The Corvette overturned, and Cadolino died later of his injuries. Police said the second vehicle in the crash did not stop.
Investigators later identified the vehicle as a 2004 Ford Freestar, and they said Ryan turned himself in to police Tuesday afternoon.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.