Deputies: Rock Hill man hits girlfriend’s husband with concrete block, flees to NC

07/20/2014 1:38 PM

07/20/2014 6:03 PM

Warrants have been issued for a York County couple accused of fleeing to North Carolina after the man assaulted his girlfriend’s husband, pushing him down and hitting him in the head with a concrete block last week, according to deputies.

A Clover man, 49, told deputies Wednesday that a 50-year-old man from Rock Hill pushed him onto the ground and threw a concrete block at him, hitting him on the top of the head, according to a York County Sheriff’s report. The man then walked away. The man who said he was hit told deputies he was unsure why he had been assaulted, but he wanted to press charges.

A York County Sheriff’s K9 unit tried tracking the suspect, but deputies learned that his girlfriend picked him up. The woman, authorities say, is also the victim’s wife. Deputies realized the two men were fighting over the woman.

A family member told deputies that the woman picked the suspect up in her car and drove him to North Carolina. A magistrate issued warrants for both the suspect and the woman, but they had not been arrested by Sunday, according to court records.

Editor's Choice Videos

Join the Discussion

Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service