Cary police charge man with sexual exploitation of 7-year-old girl
07/21/2014 10:27 AM
07/21/2014 10:59 AM
Jason Robert Vickers, 36, is charged with first-degree sexual exploitation and first-degree sex offense against a child, and he was ordered held on $1.5 million bail at the Wake County Detention Center for a first appearance in court Monday.
Security agents dispatched by the state returned Vickers to North Carolina on Sunday.
Arrest warrants that Cary police had obtained for Vickers when he was living on Woodbury Court charged that he made an inappropriate video of the sleeping child.
“We knew he fled the state not long after we started our investigation,” Capt. Don Hamilton, head of the Cary department’s investigations division, said.
The arrest warrant says the offenses happened between Dec. 1 of last year and March 27.
Arrest records show Vickers was living at 239 Woodland Ave. in Daytona Beach.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.