Police name 3rd suspect in June homicide in Charlotte
07/30/2014 12:38 PM
07/30/2014 12:40 PM
Homicide detectives have named a third suspect in the June 9 slaying of a 22-year-old man in southwest Charlotte.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said they are looking for Luis Alberto Ordonez-Vega, 35. They describe him as armed and dangerous.
He is being sought in connection with the June 6 slaying of Noel Navarro Hernandez, whose body was found in the 6400 block of Old Pineville Road. Police said Hernandez had been shot.
Investigators were puzzled over the identity of the victim for several days, but Hernandez was identified about 10 days after his death by a family member from Houston.
Christian Giovanni Pena, 18, was arrested June 9 and charged with accessory after the fact of a felony. A second suspect, Michael Javier Zelaya, 36, was arrested June 18 and charged with murder.
Police ask that anyone with information on Ordonez-Vega’s whereabouts contact detectives at 704-336-VCAT, or call 911.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.