Five Lincoln County residents face charges after they were arrested during a Sheriff’s Office surveillance operation Wednesday afternoon in Lincolnton, authorities said.
Deputies said they were stationed near the parking lot of a Bi-Lo grocery store on N.C. 27 in Lincolnton when they saw two vehicles park near one another. Investigators said they saw what appeared to be a drug transaction and called for help from Lincolnton police.
Officers then moved in and arrested the five. Investigators reported finding several grams of methamphetamine and two handguns in the vehicles.
Never miss a local story.
• David Nathaniel Neal, 31, of Lincolnton, charged with possession of methamphetamine, possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver methamphetamine, and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was jailed under $25,000 bond.
• Roger Bryan Cauthen, 33, of Lincolnton, charged with possession of methamphetamine. He was jailed under $15,000 bond.
• John Ralph White III, 36, of Lincolnton, charged with one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He was jailed under $15,000 bond.
• Travis Lee Eakes, 22, of Lincolnton, charged with carrying a concealed weapon. He was jailed under $3,000 bond.
• Summer Lynn Avery, 23, of Cherryville, charged with maintaining a vehicle for a controlled substance. She was jailed under $3,000 bond.