Five Lincoln County residents face charges after they were arrested during a Sheriff’s Office surveillance operation Wednesday afternoon in Lincolnton, authorities said.
Deputies said they were stationed near the parking lot of a Bi-Lo grocery store on N.C. 27 in Lincolnton when they saw two vehicles park near one another. Investigators said they saw what appeared to be a drug transaction and called for help from Lincolnton police.
Officers then moved in and arrested the five. Investigators reported finding several grams of methamphetamine and two handguns in the vehicles.
• David Nathaniel Neal, 31, of Lincolnton, charged with possession of methamphetamine, possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver methamphetamine, and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was jailed under $25,000 bond.
• Roger Bryan Cauthen, 33, of Lincolnton, charged with possession of methamphetamine. He was jailed under $15,000 bond.
• John Ralph White III, 36, of Lincolnton, charged with one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He was jailed under $15,000 bond.
• Travis Lee Eakes, 22, of Lincolnton, charged with carrying a concealed weapon. He was jailed under $3,000 bond.
• Summer Lynn Avery, 23, of Cherryville, charged with maintaining a vehicle for a controlled substance. She was jailed under $3,000 bond.