Six area students are finalists in the annual Congressional Art Competition for North Carolina’s 9th District.
The winner will be announced at a reception Friday at the Art Institute of Charlotte. Students and their families are invited, and U.S. Rep. Robert Pittenger will greet the finalists.
The winner’s work will be on display for a year at the U.S. Capitol building in Washington. The finalists:• Daxter Bradbury, Charlotte, for a watercolor close-up of the U.S. flag titled “Broad Stripes and Bright Stars.”
• Elaina Cloninger, Charlotte, for her scratch art “Want to Play?”
• Sabrina Collias, Charlotte, for her watercolor “Dynamic Duo.”
• Britton Edwards, Monroe, for her acrylic and collage “Suffering Through Sacrifice.”
• Chloe Lee, Charlotte, for her ink fingerprint work “Striped Identity.”
• Katie Zhao, Charlotte, for her oil painting “Chinese Cherries.”
The students’ artwork and additional information about the competition is available on Rep. Pittenger's Facebook page.