Eight new CMS principals announced
07/10/2014 6:26 PM
07/10/2014 6:27 PM
Eight new principals were announced by Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools on Thursday as part of a larger cluster of leadership transitions in the district.
The appointments were made by Superintendent Heath Morrison at a school board meeting Thursday afternoon.
The high number of changes this summer has been brought about in part by the opening of four schools and the promotion of several district principals to higher leadership positions.
The changes announced Thursday:• Jessica Blanchard was named principal of Matthews Elementary, leaving her position as principal of Weddington Elementary in Union County.
• Lauren Grayson Bloom, resident principal of Sedgefield Elementary, was named principal of Whitewater Academy.
• Anthony Calloway was named principal of Walter G. Byers School, leaving his position as executive director for teaching and learning at Liberty County Schools in Georgia.
• Lauren Finley, principal of W.M. Irvin Elementary in Cabarrus County, was named principal of Windsor Park Elementary.
• Anna Kuykendal, assistant principal of Githens Middle School in Durham County, was named principal of Greenway Park Elementary.
• Susan Schuyler Owens, principal of Concord Middle School in Cabarrus County, was named principal of Eastover Elementary.
• Sarah Reeves, a principal intern at Bruns Academy, was named principal of Shamrock Gardens Elementary.
• Janelle Styons, assistant principal at Shamrock Gardens Elementary, was named principal of Lebanon Road Elementary.
(NOTE: This story was updated on July 14, 2014, to correct the name of the school district Anthony Calloway left.)
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.