It is time once again, loyal readers, to identify the 20 things you never hear said in Charlotte.
▪ I just can’t decide. They all seem so presidential.
▪ Surely this bankruptcy thing will make the state come to its senses on the I-77 toll deal.
▪ I’ve never seen a colder February.
Never miss a local story.
▪ What Matthews needs is another strip mall.
▪ Charlotte Agenda sure was tough on that restaurant.
▪ I love to find candidate signs popping up on my lawn.
▪ I hope they don’t tear down that beautiful old Charlotte Observer building.
▪ Pardon me. I’m a tourist from out of town. Where’s the NASCAR Hall of Fame?
▪ It sure is hard in Charlotte these days to find an apartment.
▪ Charlotte drivers are so friendly. They all honk and wave.
▪ I’m getting tired of seeing Michael Jordan all over town.
▪ Uptown parking prices are so reasonable.
▪ I know when and where to vote early.
▪ I rode the streetcar to work today.
▪ I made it from Lake Norman to uptown in 20 minutes, just like the Realtor said.
▪ They need to build something along South Boulevard.
▪ Please tell me more about that craft beer.
▪ Now, let’s talk about that Super Bowl.
▪ We need more foresight at Charlotte Douglas International. They’ve got construction projects planned for only the next 25 years.
▪ Trump could never win here.