The drive-in opened in 1949 at 3015 Kilborne Avenue, near Central Avenue. It changed names a few times and was the Big A when it closed in 1976. Calvary Christian Church now stands on the site. (1976)
The drive-in opened in 1949 at 3015 Kilborne Avenue, near Central Avenue. It changed names a few times and was the Big A when it closed in 1976. Calvary Christian Church now stands on the site. (1976) Jeep Hunter The Charlotte News
The drive-in opened in 1949 at 3015 Kilborne Avenue, near Central Avenue. It changed names a few times and was the Big A when it closed in 1976. Calvary Christian Church now stands on the site. (1976) Jeep Hunter The Charlotte News
Retro Charlotte

Retro Charlotte

Discovering area history through photos, stories and ads

A look back at cinema in Charlotte

July 19, 2015 02:00 AM

UPDATED July 19, 2015 06:00 AM

More Videos

  • Park n Shop letters come down

    The letters are going to the Black Dog Salvage company and will be included in an upcoming episode.