- Treat campus sexual assaults as crimes | June 17, 2013
- Observer Forum: Letters to the editor | June 17, 2013
- End obvious racial profiling on pot arrests | June 17, 2013
- Time to forge comprehensive N.C. poverty plan | June 16, 2013
- N.C. poverty is real, grim and deserves attention | June 16, 2013
- The Observer Forum: Letters to the Editor | June 16, 2013
- No Letters to the Editor on Sunday | June 16, 2013
- Helping the poor? Four measures to reconsider | June 16, 2013
- Words of advice, information for lawmakers | June 16, 2013
- Nobodys going to think of Mecklenburg as poor but... | June 16, 2013
Taylor Batten became editorial page editor in 2008, the day Bank of America bought Merrill Lynch. He grew up in Miami, went to Duke and Harvard and covered business and politics before holding a series of editing and management jobs. He and his staff have won first place for editorial writing and editorial pages in N.C. Press Association competitions. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fannie Flono, Associate Editor
Fannie Flono has written editorials and columns for the editorial board since 1993. She has won awards for investigative reporting, education reporting, editorials and column writing. She held a number of jobs at The Observer, including political editor and city editor, before moving to the editorial board. Reach her at email@example.com.
Peter St. Onge, Associate Editor
Peter St. Onge has been a member of the editorial board since 2011. A New Hampshire native, Peter came to the Observer in 1999. He has been honored with national awards in news writing, investigations, business writing, sports writing and feature writing. He lives in south Charlotte with his wife and two sons. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kevin Siers, Editorial Cartoonist
A native of Minnesota, Kevin Siers has been drawing editorial cartoons for the Observer since 1987. He began his cartooning career by drawing editorial cartoons for his hometown community newspaper between shifts working in the local iron ore mines north of Duluth. Encouraged by the fuss they caused, he joined the staff of the University of Minnesota's student newspaper, The Minnesota Daily, where his work won top national awards. His Observer cartoons today are distributed nationwide by King Features Syndicate. Reach him at email@example.com.