- A minimum of justice | July 25, 2014
- The Korean War and its lessons | July 24, 2014
- No-huddle call on sports eligibility | July 24, 2014
- Observer Forum: Letters to the editor | July 24, 2014
- Observer Forum: Letters to the editor | July 23, 2014
- Helping the homeless | July 23, 2014
- FBI malfeasance undercuts death penalty | July 22, 2014
- Cheap justice for banks | July 22, 2014
- Observer Forum: Letters to the editor | July 22, 2014
- High standards and Common Cores end | July 21, 2014
Taylor Batten, Editorial Page Editor
Taylor Batten became editorial page editor in 2008, the day Bank of America bought Merrill Lynch. He grew up in Miami, went to Duke and Harvard and covered business and politics before holding a series of editing and management jobs. He and his staff have won first place for editorial writing and editorial pages in N.C. Press Association competitions. Reach him at email@example.com.
Fannie Flono, Associate Editor
Fannie Flono has written editorials and columns for the editorial board since 1993. She has won awards for investigative reporting, education reporting, editorials and column writing. She held a number of jobs at The Observer, including political editor and city editor, before moving to the editorial board. Reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peter St. Onge, Associate Editor
Peter St. Onge has been a member of the editorial board since 2011. A New Hampshire native, Peter came to the Observer in 1999. He has been honored with national awards in news writing, investigations, business writing, sports writing and feature writing. He lives in south Charlotte with his wife and two sons. Reach him at email@example.com.
Kevin Siers, Editorial Cartoonist
A native of Minnesota, Kevin Siers has been drawing editorial cartoons for the Observer since 1987. He began his cartooning career by drawing editorial cartoons for his hometown community newspaper between shifts working in the local iron ore mines north of Duluth. His Observer cartoons today are distributed nationwide by King Features Syndicate. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.