- The president finally talks about drones | May 23, 2013
- Observer Forum: Letters to the editor | May 23, 2013
- Next mayor cant pine for the old days | May 22, 2013
- Right now, tornado focus is where it should be: the victims | May 22, 2013
- Observer Forum: Letters to the editor | May 22, 2013
- When does a prayer become a problem? | May 21, 2013
- Observer Forum: Letters to the editor | May 21, 2013
- Improving ‘one too many’ | May 21, 2013
- Don’t close gun records to public view | May 20, 2013
- Observer Forum: Letters to the editor | May 20, 2013
Taylor Batten became editorial page editor in 2008, the day Bank of America bought Merrill Lynch. He grew up in Miami, went to Duke and Harvard and covered business and politics before holding a series of editing and management jobs. He and his staff have won first place for editorial writing and editorial pages in N.C. Press Association competitions. Reach him at email@example.com.
Fannie Flono, Associate Editor
Fannie Flono has written editorials and columns for the editorial board since 1993. She has won awards for investigative reporting, education reporting, editorials and column writing. She held a number of jobs at The Observer, including political editor and city editor, before moving to the editorial board. Reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peter St. Onge, Associate Editor
Peter St. Onge has been a member of the editorial board since 2011. A New Hampshire native, Peter came to the Observer in 1999. He has been honored with national awards in news writing, investigations, business writing, sports writing and feature writing. He lives in south Charlotte with his wife and two sons. Reach him at email@example.com.
Kevin Siers, Editorial Cartoonist
A native of Minnesota, Kevin Siers has been drawing editorial cartoons for the Observer since 1987. He began his cartooning career by drawing editorial cartoons for his hometown community newspaper between shifts working in the local iron ore mines north of Duluth. Encouraged by the fuss they caused, he joined the staff of the University of Minnesota's student newspaper, The Minnesota Daily, where his work won top national awards. His Observer cartoons today are distributed nationwide by King Features Syndicate. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.