Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are sucking up most of the media attention in the Republican and Democratic presidential races, as we all know.
But what, when you get right down to it, do average people think of these two would-be presidents?
You can find any number of polls that attempt to figure that out. But the Raleigh-based, right-leaning Civitas Institute included an interesting twist in its recent telephone poll of 600 registered North Carolina voters.
It asked people to use one word to describe Clinton and Trump. Words such as “arrogant” and “pompous” came up a lot for Trump, while “liar” and variants thereof kept sticking to Clinton. (Also, as often happens with these “describe it in one word” questions, a lot of people couldn’t confine themselves to one word).
Never miss a local story.
- Freak show (no explanation necessary)
- Hair (same as above)
- Ew (pretty succinct)
- Eagle (Did The Donald secretly answer the poll himself?)
- World ruler (Hang up the phone, Donald)
- Progressive (huh??)
- Raccoon. His hair, it’s like a raccoon. A very sick one at that. (Points for creativity there, if not brevity).
- Liar. Without any morals, values, nor character whatsoever. She's a despicable human being, both her and her husband. (Five bucks says this one bent the poll taker’s ear so long she had to fake an excuse to get off the phone).
- Email (of course)
- Bad hair (Hang up the phone, Trump!)
- Boo (The Halloween “boo” or the young folks’ “she’s my boo” as in girlfriend?)
- Reincarnate (???)
- Prefer a man (You do realize it’s the 21st century, no?)
- Canary (???)
- Oh, s#%&. (Hey, hey – that’s two words!)