N.C. State’s 58-46 win at North Carolina a week ago put the team on a solid path to make the NCAA tournament. But after a loss to Boston College this weekend, the Wolfpack can’t risk another blow at Clemson on Tuesday.
The Tigers, who beat N.C. State 68-57 on Jan. 28 in Raleigh, also need the win to keep their hopes of going to the Big Dance alive.
In other college basketball action: Will Georgia spoil Kentucky’s perfect season? Probably not. Will UNC have another dominant performance against Georgia Tech, who they beat by 29 points on Feb. 21? Who knows with the up-and-down Tar Heels.
If the NBA is your cup of tea, the Charlotte Hornets host the Kobe-less Los Angeles Lakers, while the Houston Rockets are set to play at Atlanta without James Harden, who was suspended Monday for kicking LeBron James in the groin during the Rockets’ 105-103 win on Sunday.
Never miss a local story.
Major League Baseball
▪ Pittsburgh vs. Toronto MLB, 1 p.m.
▪ Cleveland vs. Cincinnati MLB, 4 p.m.
▪ N.Y. Yankees vs. Philadelphia MLB, 9 p.m.
Men’s College Basketball
▪ Iowa at Indiana ESPN, 7 p.m.
▪ Georgetown at Butler Fox Sports 1, 7 p.m.
▪ Mississippi at Alabama SEC, 7 p.m.
▪ N. Carolina at Georgia Tech ESPNU, 7 p.m.
▪ Kentucky at Georgia ESPN, 9 p.m.
▪ W. Virginia at Kansas ESPN2, 9 p.m.
☆N.C. State at Clemson Fox Sports Carolinas, 9 p.m.
▪ Villanova at Creighton Fox Sports 1, 9 p.m.
▪ Auburn at Missouri SEC, 9 p.m.
▪ Texas A&M at Florida ESPNU, 9 p.m.
▪ L.A. Lakers at Charlotte SportSouth, 7 p.m.
▪ Houston at Atlanta NBATV, 7:30 p.m.
▪ Buffalo at Tampa Bay NBCSN, 7:30 p.m.
▪ Nashville at New Jersey Fox Sports Carolinas, Midnight
▪ West Bromwich at Aston Villa NBCSN, 2:40 p.m.