Four Observer-area players were named top performers at the Rivals 3-Stripe camp at Hough High School Sunday.
The camp brought together some of the best high school football prospects from the Carolinas, Georgia and Virginia for a day of drills and competition. Below are the four area award winners:
▪ South Pointe junior wide receiver Derion Kendrick, a Clemson recruit. Playing quarterback in high school last season, Kendrick passed for more than 3,300 yards and 37 touchdowns, leading the Stallions to the Observer’s Sweet 16 championship and a S.C. state title. He was an All-Observer pick as an athlete.
▪ Harding High junior offensive Jovaughn Gwyn. Gwyn is 6-foot-3 and 290 pounds. He was also named top offensive lineman at the camp.
▪ West Mecklenburg junior wide receiver Dyami Brown. Brown is considered a top 10 athlete recruit nationally and has committed to North Carolina.
▪ Former Lincolnton High QB Cordel Littlejohn. Littlejohn has transferred to Roswell (GA) High but threw for nearly 4,000 yards and 50 touchdowns last season. He was named top QB at camp.
▪ Concord’s Rick Sandidge, a 6-5, 263-pounder, was a camp award winner for best defensive lineman.