▪ Charlotte Hornets coach Steve Clifford said before the game that while he plans to play point guards Mo Williams and Kemba Walker together a lot once Walker returns from injury, he likely wouldn’t start both of them.
▪ Saturday will be Walker’s first full practice since knee surgery. If he were to play Wednesday against the Sacramento Kings, it would likely be his only practice. The Hornets don’t generally practice the day after back-to-back games, and they play Sunday (at Detroit) and Monday (home versus the Washington Wizards).
▪ Toronto Raptors coach Dwane Casey said before the game he has no specific idea why his team has been so dominated by the Hornets of late, but that he was declaring “Enough is enough” to his players Friday.
▪ The Raptors got back point guard Kyle Lowry, who sat out his last three games to rest a hand injury.
▪ For whatever reason it looked like a lot of lower-bowl seats went unused Friday. That’s odd for a weekend game against a quality opponent.