• Charlotte Bobcats center Al Jefferson finally won an Eastern Conference Player of the Week award Monday after being in contention essentially every week for the past month or so. Jefferson is the only player in the East averaging at least 20 points and 10 rebounds.
• Gary Neal is quite cagey off the dribble; good at getting defenders off their feet for shooting fouls.
Never miss a local story.
• After Wednesday’s game in Brooklyn, the Bobcats have a three-game home stand against the Portland Trail Blazers, Houston Rockets and the Nets.
• The way the Bobcats structure their defense, they unavoidably give up some open 3-pointers. The Hawks are a team well-equipped to exploit that.
• Cody Zeller’s running block from behind in the third quarter was probably the most athletic play he’s made as a rookie. And he sure is an athlete.
• Kemba Walker celebrated St. Patrick’s Day with the most fluorescent green sneakers in existence.