Charlotte Bobcats - Portland Trail Blazers: Observations
03/22/2014 11:08 PM
03/22/2014 11:10 PM
• Robin Lopez a solid post defender, looked utterly baffled in the first quarter trying to counter Al Jefferson’s moves and ball fakes. Haven’t seen someone that flustered against Big Al since Alexis Ajinca showed up with the New Orleans Pelicans.
• There was a Zumba demonstration at halftime, which went a bit longer than the players probably wanted. Luke Ridnour started dribbling around the fringes of several hundred women dancing. Took until about 3 1/2 minutes before the third quarter for all the dancers to clear the court.
• It was an odd first half for starting small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. He got off to a fast start, making three of four shots, but only played 5 1/2 minutes.
• Speaking of Kidd-Gilchrist, he had a fourth-quarter tomahawk dunk that had everyone “oohing”
• Rufus and Co.: Stop exhorting fans to get into the wave. It’s over. (Or it should be.)
Join the Discussion
Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.