Charlotte Bobcats - Miami Heat: Game 3 Observations
04/26/2014 9:20 PM
02/03/2015 4:31 PM
• The Bobcats did a video montage during a timeout with a “soul” theme. As in for Josh McRoberts, “the soul to defend our basket.” I’m thinking Heat coach Erik Spoelstra would be on the other side of that.
• A little staging problem when kids came out to dance between the first and second quarters. They all just stared at each other nervously when they never got the right cue.
• That $20,000 fine from the NBA, for the hard foul on James, sure seemed to raise Josh McRoberts’ energy level. Looked like a guy with a point to prove.
• There was a play in the second quarter where Michael Kidd-Gilchrist did precisely the right thing guarding James in the post. Blew up the play, and then James found Chris Anderson underneath the rim. James’ instincts as a passer are special.
• Bobcats coach Steve Clifford talked constantly last week about how it was imperative the Bobcats play mistake-free. That Gerald Henderson turnover, leading to three James free throws, late in the first half, epitomized what worried Clifford.
Join the Discussion
Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.