• The Hornets played Wednesday without point guard Kemba Walker (knee contusion suffered Monday against the Orlando Magic). Coach Steve Clifford sounded like there’s a good chance Walker might also miss Friday’s exhibition in Washington.
Never miss a local story.
• The middle-school students in attendance Wednesday always make for a raucous atmosphere. Center Al Jefferson said the crowd noise reminded him of a playoff game.
• The Hornets shot 40 percent from 3-point range in their first two exhibitions. In their last two, they shot 8-of-36 (22 percent) from 3-point range.
• Reserve shooting guard Gary Neal continued a spectacular preseason with 20 points against the Pistons. Best part of Neal’s stat line: 10-of-10 from the foul line. He’s driving aggressively and reaping the benefits.
• Reserve center Bismack Biyombo didn’t play Wednesday. Coach Steve Clifford said pre-game he wanted to get some minutes for reserve big man Jason Maxiell, who is trying to earn the 15th roster spot. Maxiell played 20.