• The Hornets got back one of three injured players Wednesday when power forward Marvin Williams (shoulder strain) played for the first time in three games. Cody Zeller remained in the starting lineup.
• Hornets coach Steve Clifford said he doesn’t anticipate small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (stress reaction in right foot) playing before Dec. 10 against the Boston Celtics.
Never miss a local story.
• Entering Wednesday, the Hornets were 10-22 in games Kidd-Gilchrist misses, dating to last season.
• Gerald Henderson did a nice job defensively on Chicago shooting guard Jimmy Butler in the first half. Butler entered the game as hot as any player in the Eastern Conference, averaging 25.75 points in his past four games, but he was 0 of 3 from the field in the half.
• With just two games in nine days, Clifford went into Wednesday’s game intending to lean more heavily on starters Al Jefferson, Kemba Walker and Lance Stephenson minutes-wise.