Observations from Monday’s Carolina Panthers training camp practice at Wofford College:• Tight end Brandon Williams has stayed after practice each day in Spartanburg to work on his pass-catching.
• Receiver Tiquan Underwood had hamstring and abductor injuries during minicamp but said he’s at 100 percent.
• Second-year cornerback Melvin White had a good day, throwing blanket coverage on Tiquan Underwood and Jerrico Cotchery on separate go routes during team drills.
• Free safety Thomas DeCoud, a free agent pickup during the offseason, was sidelined for the latter part of practice after aggravating a lower leg injury. But DeCoud stayed involved, walking on to the field at one point to give instructions to recently acquired safety Tom Nelson.
• A Derek Anderson pass intended for Williams was tipped by a diving Chase Blackburn and richoceted to James Dockery for an interception.
• The punt returners didn’t drop any Monday as has been their wont lately. The punts weren’t coming off the foot of Brad Nortman but off a machine, which had a considerably lower trajectory than Nortman.
• Dwan Edwards, Ryan Kalil, DeAngelo Williams and Roman Harper all got veteran days off.
• Running back Darrin Reaves fumbled a handoff from Anderson early in practice. He looked as if he didn’t know it was a called rushing play.