Observations from the final day of Carolina Panthers training camp at Wofford College:
• Coach Ron Rivera once against played quarterback during pass protection drills. Thomas Davis ran into Rivera, who promised to get Davis back if he has a bruise Wednesday.
Never miss a local story.
• Richie Brockel continued his solid play in that drill. Tight end Brandon Williams did as well. Kenjon Barner and Bene’ Benwikere struggled against bigger, more physical players.
• Kawann Short busted through tackle David Foucault in line drills. He has continued to get into the backfield consistenly, just like he did last season.
• Wide receiver Philly Brown made a great one-handed catch in the back of the end zone on a pass from Derek Anderson while going against Charles Godfrey.
• Greg Hardy dropped into coverage several times Tuesday during team drills. He had two pass breakups, including a near interception.
• Veteran defensive tackle Dwan Edwards had his way with rookie Trai Turner in line drills.
• Wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin grabbed a touchdown in red zone drills over safety Colin Jones and linebacker A.J. Klein on a pass from Cam Newton.
• Klein made a nice pass breakup in 7-on-7 drills by stepping in front of a Derek Anderson pass intended for Marvin McNutt.
• Newton posed for several pictures with nine members of the Wofford volleyball team after practice. They posed for “swag” pictures as well as the volleyball players doing Newton’s Superman pose.