If you think a straight up bet on whether Carolina or Denver wins Super Bowl 50 sounds a bit boring, don’t worry: You can bet on virtually anything in or around the game.
Who will win the coin toss? Will either team score a safety in the game? Will the Broncos convert a fourth down? Will the game go to overtime? How many interceptions will there be? Will a special teams or defensive touchdown be scored?
The array of potential bets offered online is dizzying. You can find a full list at online gambling site Bovada. Here are some more of the bets people are wagering on:
▪ Will quarterback Cam Newton throw a touchdown pass or an interception first?
Never miss a local story.
▪ Will linebacker Luke Kuechly have more than 8 1/2 or fewer than 8 1/2 total tackles and assists?
▪ Will there be a missed extra point after a touchdown?
▪ Will the Super Bowl be decided by exactly 10 points? 7? 14?
▪ Will the Panthers score in every quarter?