Scott Fowler’s quick takes:
▪ I didn’t like Jameis Winston sending out that picture of himself Thursday night with a steaming pile of crab legs one bit. Grow up, Jameis. I know I sound like a grumpy old man, but Winston needs to start acting more like an NFL rookie and less like an entitled Big Man On Campus. Those days are over.
▪ New Panthers linebacker Shaq Thompson compares himself to Tampa Bay linebacker Lavonte David. David is the Bucs’ version of Luke Kuechly. And if Thompson is that good, the Panthers will have gotten a real bargain.
▪ Thompson’s baseball stats during his brief foray into minor league baseball are hard to believe: He went 0-for-39 at the plate, with 37 strikeouts. He doesn’t hit the target very well unless the target weighs at least 180 pounds.
▪ I am looking for more stories about the greatest sporting event you ever saw in person in the Charlotte area. Email me with yours at email@example.com.
▪ I hope the Charlotte Hornets are taking careful notes as they watch Golden State in these NBA playoffs. Not only to win, but also to win while playing an exciting brand of basketball – that is hoops nirvana.