What is the Summer Camp Fund?
The Charlotte Observer Summer Camp Fund awards grants to operators of outdoor summer camp programs to provide scholarships to low-income children residing in counties The Charlotte Observer serves.
How does it work?
Camps apply for scholarship funding in the winter preceding the summer for which the grants will be used.
The 2015 application and requirements to apply are now available. Click here to download the Word document.
Applications must be submitted by January 31, 2015.
Return to: email@example.com. For more information, contact Neel Stallings at 704-609-6037.
Grants in 2014
The following camps received 2014 scholarship grants from the Summer Camp Fund. Families should apply directly to the camps which will select the campers receiving the scholarships.
• A Child's Place
• American Diabetes Assoc/Camp Carolina Trails
• Autism Society of North Carolina/Camp Royall
• Boys & Girls Clubs of York County
• Boy Scouts of America--Mecklenburg County Council/Camp Grimes
• Camp Celo, Inc.
• Camp Grier
• Carolina Raptor Center
• Clemson University 4-H Camp
• Lincoln County Family YMCA
• Lutheridge Camp
• Salvation Army Boys & Girls Clubs/Camp Walter Johnson
• Stanly County Family YMCA
• YMCA Camp Thunderbird