With two days till the opening of “Pineapple Express” – the misadventures of a genially inept stoner (Seth Rogen) and his dealer (James Franco) – here's a look at our top seven stoner flicks of all-time:
1. “The Big Lebowski” (1998): The Dude (Jeff Bridges) bowls, smokes, drinks White Russians and avenges the mobsters who soiled his Oriental.
2. “Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure” (1989): Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves as high schoolers who board a time machine to prepare a report for history.
3. “Dazed and Confused” (1993): Last day of school in May 1976, and students take a hit and hit on each other. With Ben Affleck and Matthew McConaughey.
4. “Dude, Where's My Car?” (2000): After a hard-partying night, Ashton Kutcher and Seann William Scott heroically hunt for their misplaced vehicle.
5. “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” (1982): Sean Penn as Spicoli, stoner/surfer and class clown of the high school circus.
6. “Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle” (2004): John Cho and Kal Penn as overachievers who kick back and get munchies that inspire a heroic New Jersey quest from Newark to Camden.
7. “Half Baked” (1998): Light up and lighten up is the motto of the comedy starring Dave Chappelle as the stoner who deals medical marijuana and encounters dopers, including one played by Jon Stewart.