Five Charlotte chefs will be in Charleston participating in Charleston Wine + Food Mar. 2-6.
▪ Bonterra’s Blake Hartwick will prepare pinot braised chicken thighs at Of Garden + Grape at Middleton Place on Mar. 4 and cornmeal fried chicken thighs at Fried Chicken for the Southern Soul at Cannon Green on Mar. 5.
▪ Chef Chris Coleman of The Asbury will be at The Roasted Goat event on Mar. 3 making slow-smoked goat shoulder steam buns and in the Culinary Village’s Third Space on Mar. 5 making “cherryaki” chicken with Cheerwine teriyaki glaze.
▪ Chef Bruce Moffett of Barrington’s will be at Shucked at Lookout Point at Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina on Mar. 5 preparing a pickled shrimp dish.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Futo Buta’s Michael Shortino will be cooking low country smoked pork belly buns in the Culinary Village in The Third Space on Mar. 5.
▪ Chef Joe Kindred of Kindred will be cooking North Carolina mountain trout at Feast + Fire on Mar. 5 and crispy oysters with green garlic and dill yogurt at Toasted: Up in Smoke on Mar 6. Event information and tickets: www.charlestonwineandfood.com.