Deep Sea Seafood Market
Deep Sea (10020 Monroe Road) is now serving dinner Tuesday-Saturday beginning at 5 p.m. Menu will feature daily specials and is BYOB.
Reid’s Fine Foods in Myers Park and SouthPark (2823 Selwyn Ave., 4331 Barclay Downs Drive) will host a Lowcountry boil 3-6 p.m. April 16 to raise money for William O’Kelly, an employee who was hit by a truck on his way home from work. A silent auction is also planned, with a cooking class and dinner for six among the biddable items. Proceeds will go toward O’Kelly’s medical bills.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
Aix en Provence
Aix en Provence (545-B Providence Road) will team with Mutual Distributors to host a Burgundy wine dinner with winemaker Vincent Bottreau April 21. Cost of $90 (plus tax and tip) includes a reception, dinner and French wines. Reservations: 704-332-1886.
Smoke/Modern Barbeque (7828 Rea Road) has revamped its menu. New salads include spinach and kale, Korean chicken, a “rendezvous” salad and a BLT salad. Also new is the addition of beef brisket to the Philly cheesesteak sandwich.
Blue (206 N. College St.) has a new spring menu with a strawberry, spinach and feta cheese salad, grilled bison rib-eye, seared scallops with spring vegetable and more. Reservations: 704-927-2583.
Mother’s Day, May 8
▪ The Capital Grille (201 N. Tryon St.) will serve a prix fixe brunch 10 a.m.-3 p.m. as well as their full dinner menu all day. Brunch is $49 for adults and $15 for kids. Reservations: 704-348-1400.
▪ Carpe Diem (1535 Elizabeth Ave.) will serve a three- course brunch; $30 for adults and $15 for kids under 12. Reservations: 704-377-7976.
▪ Del Frisco’s (4725 Piedmont Row Drive) will open at 11 a.m. and feature prime rib, a prime pair menu for $55 and full dinner menu all day. Reservations: 704-552-5502.
▪ Fahrenheit (222 S. Caldwell St.) will serve a brunch buffet; $44.95 for adults and $27.95 for kids. Reservations: 980-237-6718.
▪ The Palm (6705 Phillips Place Court) will open an hour earlier at 4 p.m. for Mother’s Day dinner. Reservations: 704-552-7256.
▪ Fleming’s (210 E. Trade St.) will serve a three-course brunch 10 a.m.-3 p.m.; $39.95 for adults and $14.95 for kids. Reservations: 704-333-4266.
▪ The Ballantyne (10000 Ballantyne Commons Parkway.) will offer Mother’s Day Tea 1-5 p.m. May 4-7. Cost for tea sandwiches and sweets is $36 for adults and $18 for kids. The hotel will feature brunch 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Mother’s Day. Live music and a glass of champagne for moms is included for $75 for adults and $35 for ages 5-12. Kids 4 and under eat free. Reservations: 704-248-4100.
▪ Sullivan’s (1928 South Blvd.) will serve a three-course brunch for $39. Reservations: 704-335-8228.
▪ Both locations of Red Rocks will offer a brunch buffet 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Reservations required: www.redrockscafe.com.
Katie Peralta, Jennifer Brantley