Deep Sea Seafood Market
Deep Sea (10020 Monroe Road) is now serving dinner Tuesday-Saturday beginning at 5 p.m. Menu will feature daily specials and is BYOB.
Reid’s Fine Foods in Myers Park and SouthPark (2823 Selwyn Ave., 4331 Barclay Downs Drive) will host a Lowcountry boil 3-6 p.m. April 16 to raise money for William O’Kelly, an employee who was hit by a truck on his way home from work. A silent auction is also planned, with a cooking class and dinner for six among the biddable items. Proceeds will go toward O’Kelly’s medical bills.
Aix en Provence
Aix en Provence (545-B Providence Road) will team with Mutual Distributors to host a Burgundy wine dinner with winemaker Vincent Bottreau April 21. Cost of $90 (plus tax and tip) includes a reception, dinner and French wines. Reservations: 704-332-1886.
Smoke/Modern Barbeque (7828 Rea Road) has revamped its menu. New salads include spinach and kale, Korean chicken, a “rendezvous” salad and a BLT salad. Also new is the addition of beef brisket to the Philly cheesesteak sandwich.
Blue (206 N. College St.) has a new spring menu with a strawberry, spinach and feta cheese salad, grilled bison rib-eye, seared scallops with spring vegetable and more. Reservations: 704-927-2583.
Mother’s Day, May 8
▪ The Capital Grille (201 N. Tryon St.) will serve a prix fixe brunch 10 a.m.-3 p.m. as well as their full dinner menu all day. Brunch is $49 for adults and $15 for kids. Reservations: 704-348-1400.
▪ Carpe Diem (1535 Elizabeth Ave.) will serve a three- course brunch; $30 for adults and $15 for kids under 12. Reservations: 704-377-7976.
▪ Del Frisco’s (4725 Piedmont Row Drive) will open at 11 a.m. and feature prime rib, a prime pair menu for $55 and full dinner menu all day. Reservations: 704-552-5502.
▪ Fahrenheit (222 S. Caldwell St.) will serve a brunch buffet; $44.95 for adults and $27.95 for kids. Reservations: 980-237-6718.
▪ The Palm (6705 Phillips Place Court) will open an hour earlier at 4 p.m. for Mother’s Day dinner. Reservations: 704-552-7256.
▪ Fleming’s (210 E. Trade St.) will serve a three-course brunch 10 a.m.-3 p.m.; $39.95 for adults and $14.95 for kids. Reservations: 704-333-4266.
▪ The Ballantyne (10000 Ballantyne Commons Parkway.) will offer Mother’s Day Tea 1-5 p.m. May 4-7. Cost for tea sandwiches and sweets is $36 for adults and $18 for kids. The hotel will feature brunch 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Mother’s Day. Live music and a glass of champagne for moms is included for $75 for adults and $35 for ages 5-12. Kids 4 and under eat free. Reservations: 704-248-4100.
▪ Sullivan’s (1928 South Blvd.) will serve a three-course brunch for $39. Reservations: 704-335-8228.
▪ Both locations of Red Rocks will offer a brunch buffet 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Reservations required: www.redrockscafe.com.
Katie Peralta, Jennifer Brantley