What could follow the “Game of Thrones” season premiere on April 12? A GofT-themed dinner at D’Vine Wine Cafe on April 15, with five courses, all taken from passages in the book series, and paired international wines from Epiphany Wines. The lineup (and yes, these people have gotten into it; I’m trusting them on the quotes -- I’ve read the books, but I’m not fact-checking these):
▪ “Greens dressed with apples & pine nuts, ripe blue cheese”with “The King’s Favor” Sauvignon Blanc, 2013, New Zealand.
▪ “Trout wrapped in bacon with sweet corn fritters” with “The King’s Bastard” Chardonnay, 2012, New Zealand.
▪ “Trenchers filled with chunks of mutton in almond milk with carrots, raisins, & onions” with Sans Liege “The Offering” GSM, 2012, California.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ “Boar cooked with apples & mushrooms. Mushrooms kissed with garlic and bathed in butter with garlic sausage” with Maal Bestial, 2011, Argentina.
▪ “Lemon cakes frosted in sugar. Iced blueberries & sweet cream” with Iron Horse Brut Classic, 2009, California.
$49.99; reservations required: 704-369-5050; Ballantyne Village at 14815 Ballantyne Village Way.