Traffic was building around 8:45 a.m. Monday on major Charlotte thoroughfares, many of which were salted in preparation for Monday’s winter storm.
Independence Boulevard, South Boulevard and I-485 were all seeing varying levels of congestion.
Meanwhile, there were several accidents reported in the region:
• A 6:59 a.m. accident at East Independence Boulevard and Margaret Wallace Road.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• A 7:40 a.m. accident with personal injury at East Independence Boulevard and Woodland Drive.
• A 7:55 a.m. road blockage at 2439 Columbus Circle.
• A 7:58 a.m. accident at Sunset and Statesville roads.
• An 8:25 a.m. accident at Airport Drive and Sentry Post Road.
• An 8:25 a.m. accident at Billy Graham Parkway and South I-85.
• An 8:28 a.m. accident at Blair and Albemarle roads.
• An 8:32 a.m. disabled vehicle at North Tryon Street and J W Clay Boulevard.
• An 8:35 a.m. road blockage at Orr and Old Concord roads.
Traffic is expected to be lighter during the Monday morning commute today since some people, including Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools students, are off for the Presidents Day holiday. For a complete list of closings for the holiday, click here.
And check back to www.charlotteobserver.com throughout the morning for updates on your Monday morning commute.