It's time for the Weekend Run + Refuel. Each week we're providing you with a new local running route along with a suggestion on where to grab brunch or lunch after.
Last week's run was a 5-miler around Dilworth with brunch at Toast. Today we're heading to SouthPark for a nice and easy four mile run that begins and ends at Symphony Park. Parking is plentiful so you should have no problems getting started on your run. The route is pretty tame with a few rolling hills and there is a tree cover for most of the run. You'll travel through SouthPark area neighborhoods and finish up running past SouthPark Mall. (So if you need to do any shopping this weekend...maybe this can be the Weekend Run + Refuel + Restock. You have our permission!)
Here is the map with turn-by-turn directions:
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
- Exit the Symphony Park parking lot and make a right on Barclay Downs
- Follow Barclay Downs for about a mile and then turn right on Ferncliff
- Follow Ferncliff for about a mile and turn right on Foxcroft Road after you cross over Sharon
- Turn right on Red Fox Trail
- Turn left on Sharon (there are sidewalks)
- Cross over Colony Road and then turn right on Morrison
- Take Morrison back to Barclay Downs and turn left on Barclay Downs and then left back into the parking lot
Now, you can either go shopping or go eat. For brunch, we're suggesting Terrace Cafe. It's located in Piedmont Row just a short walk or drive from Symphony Park. Terrace Cafe serves breakfast daily until 2:30 p.m. and are very well known for their expansive menu offerings. They have everything from YMCA-nutritionist approved egg and fruit plates to their famous red velvet waffles. There's something for everyone here!
There's a lot to love about Terrace Cafe but their huge coffee cups and fluffy biscuits are enough to keep me coming back again and again.
Have a great weekend and run happy!