A northwest Charlotte home caught fire Thursday and the Charlotte Fire Department says it was started by a turkey fryer.
The home of the 100 block of Cromer St. caught fire Thursday morning.
According to the Charlotte Fire Department, it took 23 firefighters to get the blaze under control.
The fire started outside, behind the home, the back of the house was badly damaged.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Fred Gibson owns the house and said he was inside the house when the fire started, "I was waiting for the grease to get hot, I guess it got hot."
His wife and dog were also home at the time of the fire. Everyone got out safely and without injury.
Fire crews say this was the second turkey related fire called into CFD today.