Maya Wright, a senior from Peachtree City, won the quarterfinal round in Jeopardy!' Teen Tournament Wed. Nov. 7.
Maya is a senior at East Coweta High School. Her final score was $26,200. She moves onto the semifinal match. Her semifinal match is Thursday, Nov. 15.
She is one of 15 students between the ages of 14-17 competing over the course of the two-week event. The winner will be competing for major bragging rights – and a $100,000 grand prize.
"It was an unforgettable experience," said Maya recently in an interview about being on the popular TV show. "I've been a huge fan of the show, and watching since I was 5 years old, and to see everything in real life was surreal."
Maya wants to be a medical scientist. She said Emory University is her top choice for college. "Maya is a competitor, and she's been competing in academic bowls," said her father Marcus Wright. "But at the same time, we were like 'wow.' To be there in the studio audience was awesome."
The show hosted by Alex Trebek is in its 35th season. Here is the complete roster of Teen Tournament contestants, in alphabetical order:
– Emma Arnold, a junior from Owings Mills, Md.
– Maggie Brown, a sophomore from Pensacola, Fla.
– Tim Cho, a senior from Champaign, Ill.
– Jack Izzo, a senior from San Diego, Calif.
– Rohan Kapileshwari, a senior from Winston-Salem, N.C.
– Rotimi Kukoyi, a freshman from Hoover, Ala.
– Anish Maddipoti, a junior from Austin, Texas
– Dan Oxman, a senior from South Orange, N.J.
– Isabella Pagano, a freshman from Libertyville, Ill.
– Caleb Richmond, a sophomore from Bedford, N.H.
– Audrey Satchivi, a senior from Carmel, Ind.
– Claire Sattler, a senior from Bonita Springs, Fla.
– Autumn Shelton, a junior from Lamar, Mo.
– Rhea Sinha, a senior from Chatham, N.J.
– Maya Wright, a senior from Peachtree City, Ga.