Five or 10 minutes is all it takes to transform your smartphone into a device ripped right out of “Back To The Future II.” YouTube regular Mrwhosetheboss made a step-by-step guide to let random images pop out of your mobile device. Sparked by his creative invention, the Internet let loose its random, meme-laden imagination and cooked up some deliciously delightful 3-D renders.
Here are five holographic images you can then whip out from your back pocket at a moment’s notice.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
1. Shia LaBeouf: Remember the weird art school video LaBeouf did a few months ago? Now you can bring a little holographic LaBeouf with you anywhere you go and anytime you need a pep talk! A little Shia with some chai is just the thing we need for motivation: www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zWU4WZaqRg
2. Holo “Gangnam Style”: Remember Psy’s viral song? It was an undeniable, somewhat unavoidable hit that sprouted a classic dance and various parodies. www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXTaADJ6RiU
3. 3-D Kate Moss: Remember models walking the runway? Now Kate Moss can strut out of your phone. www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfUxE8QbHp8
4. Dancing Tron guys: Remember the “Tron” movie? You can have a bunch of guys dancing in true-to-the-movie illuminated suits. The only thing missing from this is the Lightcycle. www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvluGlGEDHI
5. Princess Leia needs your help: Remember that classic hologram scene from the “Star Wars” movie? OF COURSE you do! You can take your Obi-Wan cosplay to new heights with this holo-image. www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4AYYk0Nzf4