As wedding gown designers debut their newest collections, sexy silhouettes full of romantic details and dramatic skirts are filing down the runway and into local boutiques. Carolina Bride reveals the hottest dress trends for 2011.
* The Paloma Blanca (style 4116) is a strapless draped bodice with ribbon at the waist with brooch detail. Natural waist with asymmetrical organza skirt. Approx. $2,200. Recommended by Poffie Girls.
* The Jasmine dress (style F421) is a knee-length organza gown with a strapless sweetheart neckline and layered bodice and skirt. Approx. $765. www.jasminebridal.com.
* The Sorella by WTOO Brides (style 16808) is a strapless gown with a sweetheart neckline in silky taffeta with ruched bodice and tiered skirt. $808. Recommended by J. Major’s Bridal Boutique.
* The Dulconee by WTOO Brides (style 15558) is a strapless gown in ivory organza with a pleated bodice full A-line skirt. $890. Recommended by Mecklenburg Bridal.
* Sahara by Watters Brides (style 7061B) is an ivory silk satin organza strapless bias strip fluted gown. $2,070. Recommended by J. Major’s Bridal Boutique.
* The Vanessa Dress by WTOO Brides is a soft satin and lace beaded keyhole gown with flower embellishments. It has a fitted body, trumpet skirt, satin-covered buttons and a sweep train. $1,250. Recommended by The Lily Rose .
* TWO by Rosa Clara’s Odessa is a strapless gown with pleated neckline and bodice with large organza flowers covering the skirt. $1,975. Recommended by E.G. Couture.
* The dress from the Romona Keveza Collection (style RK232) is a strapless silk organza gown accented at the neckline with silk organza flowers and petals. $33,875. www.romonakeveza.com.
* This dress by Jasmine (style F416) is a one-shoulder Italian satin with mermaid skirt, featuring beaded lace and flowers. www.jasminebridal.com.
FIT & FLARE
* The Lazaro dress (style 3050) is an ivory silk satin organza with a sweetheart neckline and flamenco-style ruffled skirt. Approx. $4,300. Recommended by J. Major’s Bridal Boutique.
* The Genevieve by Maggie Sottero is a linear patterned lace gown with softly gathered tulle godet panels and a detachable floral shoulder strap. Approx. $1,400. Recommended by Dar-Lynn’s Bridal and Formal Wear.
* The Fina by Pronovias is a strapless mermaid silhouette with a morbido tulle bodice and a pleated tulle cascading ruffle skirt. $2,133. Recommended by New York Bride & Groom.
* The Cristina by TWO by Rosa Clara is a strapless gown with mermaid silhouette, open back and jewel brooch. $2,120. Recommended by E.G. Couture.
Continue reading real wedding stories! Up next: ‘ To love and cherish’