Men don’t like alpha females, and here are five reasons why.
1. Men want women who are intelligent and can think for themselves.
2. Men don’t want to be controlled or told what to do. He wants to be your hero, trying his best to be that for you.
3. Men want a relationship, not a competition. When you are an alpha and he’s an alpha, you have two leaders and a lot of competition. By coming from your feminine side, which is your heart versus your mind, it takes the power struggle out of it, which will bring out the best in him.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
4. Over-giving is a masculine, alpha quality. When you over-give, you become a man’s mother, not his partner.
5. Men need to be needed. Yes … you are strong and we as women emotionally need to be strong for the family and the relationship. But when you do all the physical work and all the emotional work in the relationship, you don’t leave room for a man to honor his DNA coding of doing for you.
Coming into your feminine power doesn’t mean lying down like a doormat and just allowing a man to walk on you. Far from it. It means learning how to bring out the best in a man and in turn, he will bring out the best in you.
Lisa Copeland is an author and dating coach.