Your online dating profile is the first introduction a man has to you. You are marketing yourself to the male population online. If you met a man at a party, you would be doing the same thing; showing him your best side.
You need your profile to show you off in a way that will catch a man’s eye and interest right away.
1. Be exciting. When determining what you want to put in your profile, you need to first know what your best qualities are. There’s nothing sexier to a man than your confidence.
2. Be creative. Come up with ideas or small stories that paint a picture of the two of you that a man can imagine himself in. Make your profile flirty. He doesn’t need to know everything about you in this first introduction.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
3. The fewer “I’s” the better.
Try making your profile title catchy, using activities you’re involved with to create your online name.
4. Use proper spelling and grammar. You can write your profile in Microsoft Word so that it highlights any mistakes, and then cut and paste the paragraphs you’ve written to your profile online. Little things like typos can be enough to make men move on.
5. Don’t include these common faux pas.
Leave sex out of your profile. It gives men the wrong impression and encourages those you probably aren’t interested in to write to you. Leave out the words “I’m looking for my soul mate.” Men have told me they see it in every woman’s profile. Your goal is to look unique; not the same as everyone else.
6. Don’t brag. Particularly, don’t brag about your out-of-this-world looks. Men see what you look like but if you tell them in a bragging way, they’ll think you’re stuck up and move on.
7. Don’t make demands. Try not to make demands about salaries and how you’d like to be entertained at the most expensive restaurants. Even guys with money don’t want a woman telling them where to go and what to do. They’ve had enough demands in their life including those put on them by ex-wives and families. They’re not looking for a repeat of what they just left.
8. Be true to who you are. Otherwise it’s like false advertising, which is hard to keep up. Don’t try and pretend to be a certain way just to attract a Quality Man, when in reality, you are not that woman. You have no control over who he ultimately wants or is looking for. You only have control over what you want in a Quality Man.
9. End with a hook. End your profile with a sentence that asks a man to show you he is interested. For example, “If romance and passion appeal to you like they do to me, let me know.” In other words, if he likes what you like, let you know by writing back.
Lisa Copeland is author of “The Dating Coach Who Makes Dating Fun and Easier After 50!” Find out more at Findaqualityman.com