Are you constantly struggling to find ways to recharge during the day or need to sneak in a little alone time? Here are some tips to find some sanity!
1. Get a stool and hide some treats in the laundry room. If you are anything like me, we constantly have a load going or clothes in the dryer that need de-wrinkled. Taking a 5-10 minute break while reading, snacking, or doing something you love really helps you recharge.
2. Now that it is getting warm out- use your grill, often. Standing outside alone while the food cooks gives some peace and time to regroup before the dinner chaos begins.
3. If you have older kids, find a hobby that you love. Set aside a certain time during the day designated to your hobby and give your child a task to complete. My daughter loves to draw while I write.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
4. Take up gardening. It's easy to sneak out to pull some weeds or water the flowers which can give you a good 15 minutes of alone time.
5. If you have young children, take a nap with them. Sure there are a million things that need to get done- but a quick 45 minute nap can do wonders.
6. Hide in the bathroom for 10-15 minutes meditating or reading a book. Don't take your phone with you, because you won't feel recharged.
7. Take a mother's day out, work out at a gym with childcare, or ask a friend to come sit with your kiddos for a few while you get out and run errands by yourself. Grocery shopping is much more peaceful without children!
8. I could never do this one, but I've heard from friends that they like to wake up earlier than everyone to enjoy a cup of coffee or tea before the day begins.
9. Let your spouse watch the kids while you take a nice relaxing bath. Light some candles, put on some music, and bring the wine.
10. Go for a run or walk with headphones and your favorite music.
What do you do to recharge?