Are you constantly struggling to find ways to recharge during the day or need to sneak in a little alone time? Here are some tips to find some sanity!
1. Get a stool and hide some treats in the laundry room. If you are anything like me, we constantly have a load going or clothes in the dryer that need de-wrinkled. Taking a 5-10 minute break while reading, snacking, or doing something you love really helps you recharge.
2. Now that it is getting warm out- use your grill, often. Standing outside alone while the food cooks gives some peace and time to regroup before the dinner chaos begins.
3. If you have older kids, find a hobby that you love. Set aside a certain time during the day designated to your hobby and give your child a task to complete. My daughter loves to draw while I write.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
4. Take up gardening. It's easy to sneak out to pull some weeds or water the flowers which can give you a good 15 minutes of alone time.
5. If you have young children, take a nap with them. Sure there are a million things that need to get done- but a quick 45 minute nap can do wonders.
6. Hide in the bathroom for 10-15 minutes meditating or reading a book. Don't take your phone with you, because you won't feel recharged.
7. Take a mother's day out, work out at a gym with childcare, or ask a friend to come sit with your kiddos for a few while you get out and run errands by yourself. Grocery shopping is much more peaceful without children!
8. I could never do this one, but I've heard from friends that they like to wake up earlier than everyone to enjoy a cup of coffee or tea before the day begins.
9. Let your spouse watch the kids while you take a nice relaxing bath. Light some candles, put on some music, and bring the wine.
10. Go for a run or walk with headphones and your favorite music.
What do you do to recharge?