The weather is hot, hot, HOT, but there are plenty of cool events going on at Discovery Place, Inc. Museums throughout the month of July. Whether it’s at Discovery Place, Charlotte Nature Museum, Discovery Place KIDS-Huntersville or Discovery Place KIDS-Rockingham, there’s so much to do!
Here are the Top 5 highlights you don’t want to miss:
· Shark Week is back at Discovery Place from July 6-10! From the new IMAX film, Great White Shark, to shark dissections and shark teeth fossils, there is something for everyone. For details, click here.
· Charlotte Nature Museum is now offering FREE community nature programs that are open to the public. Join our naturalists for an evening hike around the Museum on July 1 or take a bird walk through Freedom Park on July 12. Museum admission is not required.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
· Why should Wednesday be the only wonderful day of the week? Discovery Place KIDS is expanding Wonderful Wednesday programs to new weekday programs! Every Tuesday & Thursday or Wednesday & Friday we’ll offer themed activities that you can catch all month long. During the month of July, Discovery Place KIDS-Huntersville is making a splash with programs under the sea, and Discovery Place KIDS-Rockingham is blasting off with outer space programs.
· The little farm in the big city is back at Charlotte Nature Museum! Join us on Saturday, July 18 for Farm Day as we celebrate our favorite barnyard animals and learn about the importance of local farms.
· Science on the Rocks has been rockin’ Uptown Charlotte for a full year! In honor of our first anniversary, we’re bringing back everyone’s favorite things on July 17 for Science on the Rocks: : I ♥ SOTR. Must be 21+ to attend.
For more details and other great events for the month of July, visit http://www.discoveryplace.org/