New mothers need support and friendship more than ever, but the dynamics of getting out can seem overwhelming. Meeting other women with kids at the same ages and stages as your own can pave the way to long-lasting friendships.
Looking to make some new mom friends? Check out some of our favorite places to meet other moms in Charlotte.
1. Discovery Place & Discovery Place Kids: With three locations (Uptown, Huntersville & Rockingham) and a calendar full of events, this museum is the perfect spot to find other moms looking for adventure. As a bonus, your other children will have a blast playing there as well!
2. Outside in the Paw Paw Nature Trail at the Charlotte Nature Museum: The Little Sugar Creek Greenway is a great walking trail and can land you at the museum, near Freedom Park, where you will find this enchanting trail full of woodland creatures.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
3. Music or gym for children: These classes are a stress-free way to expose your baby to other kids and often have time designed specifically for mom socializing. Check out our list of area classes here.
4. Join a local Meetup group for moms: From neighborhood-specific groups to older moms, younger moms, natural moms and singles moms - there are groups to meet any criteria here in the Queen City. Check them out here!
5. Family community events at some of your favorite stores: A top spot is Toys & Co in Costwold, where events are held weekly.
6. Stroller fitness groups: Work out with your wee one alongside other moms looking for exercise and conversation. Fit4Mom offers classes in Dilworth & Pineville.
7. Storytime at your local library: Charlotte Mecklenburg Library offers a range of story times designed for babies, toddlers, families & preschoolers. See their schedule and locations here.
Most importantly when reaching out to meet other moms, remember they are all there to do the same, so pack up your bundle of joy and head out to make some new friends!