In a few short days our kiddos will be heading back to school! For some, it’s a “first” - first day of Kindergarten, middle school, or high school. For others, it’s returning to familiar faces and routines. But for all, it’s the end of summer and the start of a new year. Why not , with a little trepidation & excitement. Start it out right and get them in the spirit with a Back-to-School bash. Here are some fun ideas for themed parties:
1. Eric Carle. Who doesn't love The Very Hungry Caterpillar? Get big red ball lanterns and cut out a worm and apple leaves to paste to the lantern. Use red plates and glue on green felt leaves. Buy some metal lunch boxes and fill with fun food themed erasers, pencils and crayons with apple or butterfly stickers, or anything else related. Don't forget the apple cupcakes with worms!
2. First day of school. Fill vases with magnetic alphabet letters. Hang alphabet or numeral wall cards (my favorites are by Children Inspire Design). Have the children make their teacher a first day of school present or draw them a picture.
3. Cookie party. Have the kids bake the new teacher cookies and if you want to be super cute, make tags that read, "I'm going to be one smart cookie with you as my teacher!" Decorate pre-made cookies for the kids to eat.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
4. Back to school cookout. Grill burgers, roast marshmallows, pull out the slip and slide and let the kids have one last big Summer party.
5. Back to school pampered party. Have a mini spa day with cucumber facials, manicures and pedicures. Drink coconut water or cucumber water. Relax and get ready for the hectic school year.