Sara Kendall recently boasted of the fun to be had in NoDa for adults looking for a night out without the kids (see her suggestions here), but The Piedmont Culinary Guild wants kids to join in the NoDa fun Sunday, October 25 at Carved, a family friendly event. Bringing together the area’s best chefs, mixologists, food artisans, food educators, and other culinary professionals guests will see who is the best pumpkin carver in the region as they vie for the title of CARVED 2015 Champion.
The event will be held at Free Range Brewing in NoDa, on Sunday, October 25, 4-7pm. Your ticket gets you one vote plus one complementary beverage. Your choice of:
- Free Range Brewing Beer (if of legal age, of course)
- Lenny Boy Brewery Kombucha
- Non-Alcoholic Shrub Drink – Crafted by Jamie Swofford of Feba Farms
- Pure Intentions Coffee
Children under 12 are also invited to bring a pumpkin they carved themselves to be entered the Kids’ Competition. Children who do bring a carved pumpkin get in free.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Other family-friendly activities include:
- Scott Link magic and balloons
- Sarah Pollock art doing caricatures
- Popcorn on the cob demonstrations
- Apple cider press
- Old-school ice cream machine churning frozen delights
- What The Fries food truck will be on site
Sunday, October 25, 2015
4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Free Range Brewing
2320 North Davidson Street
Charlotte, NC 28205
(In advance – $20.00 at the Door)
Children Under 12: $5.00 (or free with a carved pumpkin for the contest)
For details and tickets, visit: http://piedmontculinaryguild.com/carved-2015-october-25-free-range-brewing/