This year I am doing something equally painful- attempting to sell an uptown townhouse in the worst housing market of my lifetime. And actually, now that I think about it, the processes and thoughts I have about both events are remarkably similar. In that regard I present to you the following list:
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Ways in Which Selling an Uptown Townhouse is Strikingly Similar to Being on the Receiving End of a Vasectomy
- Both are a decision best made as a family and with the children in mind
- Both involve inviting strangers to view your most personal spaces
- Both involve tidying up about the place before said strangers visit
- Both are painful
- Both are a drawn out process before seeing any results
- Both are stressful and go better with adult beverages
- Both are good blog fodder
Obviously there are some major differences between the two processes. I’m thinking that frozen peas won’t really come into play with the home-selling process. Also, insurance paid for the medical procedure and I fear no one is going to pay anything during the home selling process. We’ll see.